AI is constantly evolving and reaching new milestones all the time. Since nearly two-thirds of Americans rely on Twitter as their primary news source, we’ve decided to share the top influencers that Lionbridge AI follows to stay in the know.
If you don’t already, give us a follow us too @LionbridgeAI for daily updates on what’s new, from Lionbridge and the AI and machine learning industry at large.
AI Influencers, Professors, and PhD Holders
- @AndrewYNg: Andrew Ng, perhaps the most well-known AI influencer, is the co-founder of Google Brain, former VP & Chief Scientist at Baidu, and professor at Stanford University.
AI For Everyone is now available on @Coursera! This course will help non-engineers and engineers work together to leverage AI capabilities and build an AI strategy. If you want your company to embrace AI, this is the course to get your CEO to take! https://t.co/bzpf1ed8DL pic.twitter.com/zfaclVjnbS
— Andrew Ng (@AndrewYNg) February 28, 2019
- @IainLJBrown: Dr. Iain Brown is the Head of Data Science for SAS UK&I and Adjunct Professor of Marketing Analytics at the University of Southampton. For the last decade he has been working closely with the financial services sector, providing thought leadership on the topics of risk, AI and machine learning. Read his recent interview here.
- @hardmaru: David Ha is a Research Scientist at Google Brain in Tokyo, specializing in neural networks research.
- @KirkDBorne: Dr. Kirk Borne is a data scientist and astrophysicist. He is Principal Data Scientist in the Strategic Innovation Group at Booz-Allen Hamilton.
- @Francesco_AI: Complexity scientist, tech investor and IPAM fellow Francesco Corea has spent his career so far consulting for financial institutions large and small. He currently uses his research experience in machine learning and PhD in economics to advise AI startups and is an active AI influencer on Twitter.
- @petitegeek: Dr. Angelica Lim is a Canadian-American computer science professor, with a Ph.D. in AI, Robotics and Emotions.
- @pmigdal: Dr. Piotr Migdal is a data scientist with a PhD in quantum physics.
- @Thom_Wolf: Dr. Thomas Wolf is the Chief Science Officer at Huggingface, a chatbot startup aiming to create the first truly social AI. Read his recent interview here.
- @AnimaAnandkumar: Anima Anandkumar is the Bren Professor of Computing at California Institute of Technology. She is a director of Machine Learning research at NVIDIA. Her research considers tensor-algebraic methods, deep learning and non-convex problems.
AI Influencers Specialized in Research
- @goodfellow_ian: Ian J. Goodfellow is researcher, currently working as the director of machine learning in Apple’s Special Projects Group.
It’s interesting to see the pendulum swing back to representation learning. During my PhD, most of my collaborators and I were primarily interested in representation learning as a biproduct of sample generation, not sample generation itself. https://t.co/i0aRhgN3LL
— Ian Goodfellow (@goodfellow_ian) July 8, 2019
- @berkeley_ai: The Berkeley AI Research team includes grad students, postdocs, faculty, and scientists.
- @VeredShwartz: Vered Shwartz is a final year PhD student researching lexical semantic relations in the Natural Language Processing lab at Bar-Ilan University. She has also worked on natural language processing as part of the R&D teams at Google and IBM. Read our recent interview with Vered here.
- @rasbt: Sebastian Raschka is an Assistant Professor of Statistics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and AI influencer focusing on deep learning and machine learning research.
- @MIT_CSAIL: MIT’s largest lab for computer science and artificial intelligence research.
- @OpenAI: Open AI is a non-profit research company, discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
- @kaliouby: Rana el Kaliouby is the CEO and co-founder of Affectiva.
AI & Technology Media
- @WIRED: Wired is a monthly American magazine that focuses on how emerging technology affects culture, the economy, and politics.
Oscar-winning filmmaker Laura Poitras' new film, in collaboration with London nonprofit Forensic Architecture, documents how that group is developing machine learning software that could help uncover where tear gas grenades are being launched or thrown: https://t.co/CUR43IzwPp
— WIRED (@WIRED) July 26, 2019
- @TechCrunch: TechCrunch is an online publisher focusing on the tech industry and reporting on the business of technology, startups, venture capital funding, and Silicon Valley.
- @verge: The Verge is an American technology news and media network that publishes news items, long-form feature stories, guidebooks, product reviews, and podcasts.
- @samanthamonk: Samantha Monk, Director of Outside Insight at Meltwater, an online media monitoring company, AI and big data news stories, #WomenInTech
We’d also recommend following hashtags for the topics that you’re interested in. Twitter’s own machine learning algorithm will pick some of the most popular tweets with that hashtag to show you. For example, the hashtags #AI, #MachineLearning, #DataScience, #ComputerVision, and #NLP or #NLProc are most popular.
We hope you enjoyed this article about popular AI influencers on Twitter. If you are looking to join more social networks around AI and machine learning, we also recommend these 20 best Instagram influencers for AI enthusiasts.