What are bounding boxes in AI and machine learning?
If you’re looking for bounding box annotation tools, perhaps you already know that bounding boxes are imaginary boxes drawn on an image, shape, or text. The contents of the box are then labeled to help a model recognize it as a distinct type of object. You can drag to move, transform, rotate, or scale the bounding boxes.
Bounding boxes are one of the most common ways that image or video annotation is done. Bounding box annotation can be a cumbersome and time-intensive task, but it’s an important first step for building machine learning models for autonomous vehicles, face recognition systems, and other image recognition systems. Fortunately, you use the following tools and services to streamline or even outsource bounding box annotation tasks.
Bounding Box Annotation Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Labelbox: Labelbox is a collaborative training data software for computer vision teams. The platform provides one place for data labeling, data management, and data science.
- Lionbridge AI: With 500,000 expert bounding box annotators, Lionbridge AI can quickly and accurately annotate thousands of images and videos. Lionbridge AI’s bounding box annotation services are available in over 300 languages.
- Anno-Mage: New image annotation tool that incorporates an existing state-of-the-art object detection model called RetinaNet to show suggestions of 80 common object classes while annotation to reduce the amount of human effort to be put in to annotate images.
- Hive: Hive is a text and image annotation service that helps you create training datasets for content categorization, computer vision, and more.
- DataTurks: Dataturks is a data annotation outsourcing company that offers many data annotation capabilities, including image segmentation and POS tagging.
- Clickworker: 1.5 million clickworkers worldwide use an AI-based image annotation tool to process images and turn them into training datasets for computer vision models.
- OCLAVI: OCLAVI provides annotation tools to help machine learning models learn.
- Cogito: Cogito provides machine learning training data. The services offered include image annotation, content moderation, sentiment analysis, chatbot training, and more.
- Edgecase: Edgecase is a data factory providing data and image labeling services.
- Humans in the Loop: Data labeling to train and improve your machine learning solutions. Use cases include face recognition, autonomous vehicles, and figure detection.
- Playment: Playment offers fully managed data labeling services to build training datasets for computer vision models.
- prodigy: Prodigy is an annotation tool for various machine learning models such as entity recognition, intent detection, and image classification. You can stream in your own data from live APIs, update your model in real-time, and chain models together to build more complex systems.
- Spare5: Spare5 is a crowdsourcing service for tasks such as data and image annotation, language assessment, and more.
- Scale: Scale’s API is a data annotation outsourcing company that you can use to create the ground truth for your machine learning models.
If you’re looking for a bounding box annotation company, get in touch with Lionbridge AI. We have 500,000 expert annotators working around the clock, so we can quickly and precisely annotate thousands of images and videos with their desired tags. Lionbridge AI’s bounding box annotation services are available in over 300 languages.