Data collection and data annotation can be cumbersome, time-intensive tasks that most data scientists don’t want to waste time on. For small to mid-size companies, you probably won’t collect as much voice data as Amazon from its Echo platform, or Google from its web and search data, no matter how much time and energy is devoted.
In most cases, the benefits of machine learning outsourcing will prove to outweigh the costs. For this blog post, we at Lionbridge AI have created this curated list of machine learning outsourcing companies that will perform data collection and data annotation for you.
Data Collection and Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- Clickworker: Clickworker is a crowdsourcing service where the independent contractors complete tasks that are usually part of a larger project, such as processing unstructured data such as text, photographs, and videos.
- Lionbridge AI: Lionbridge AI is a crowdsourcing service for data collection and data annotation. With over 500,000 expert annotators working around the clock, Lionbridge AI can quickly help you create high-quality training datasets for machine learning.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing marketplace where individuals and businesses can outsource their processes and jobs to a distributed workforce who can perform these tasks virtually. This could include anything from data annotation, content moderation, and more.
- Appen: Appen provides training data for machine learning models. It provides solutions for computer vision, data analytics, automatic speech recognition, and more.
- Cogito: Cogito provides machine learning training data. The services offered include image annotation, content moderation, sentiment analysis, chatbot training, and more.
- Dataturks: Dataturks is a data annotation outsourcing company that offers many data annotation capabilities, including named entity recognition (NER) tagging in documents, image segmentation, and POS tagging.
- Scale: Scale’s API is a data annotation outsourcing company that you can use to create the ground truth for your machine learning models.
- Humans in the Loop: Data labeling to train and improve your machine learning solutions. Use cases include face recognition, autonomous vehicles, and figure detection.
- Dbrain: Dbrain connects crowdworkers with data scientists to prepare datasets and to build AI. There are 20,000 crowdworkers working on the Dbrain platform to label data and deliver high-accuracy datasets ready for machine learning.
- Edgecase: Edgecase is a data factory providing synthetic data and data labeling services. With connections to universities and industry experts, Edgecase provides data annotation and complex datasets to AI companies in retail, agriculture, medicine, security and more.
- Playment: Playment offers fully managed data labeling services to build training datasets for computer vision models.
- Spare5: Spare5 is a crowdsourcing service for tasks such as data and image annotation, language assessment, and more.
- TranscribeMe: TranscribeMe provides transcription, speech recognition, and translation services starting at 79 cents per minute. You can upload audio files from any device, web link, or cloud storage, and usually the transcriptions are completed within 24 hours.
If you’re looking to outsource data collection and data annotation tasks for your machine learning models, please contact Lionbridge AI for more information. Our 500,000 expert data annotators can quickly annotate your text, image, video, and audio data so that it’s ready to be used as the ground truth to train machine learning models. Learn more about how Lionbridge AI can help.